The OneMeter Gateway, is an application that acts as a system service, allowing you to collect data advertized by OneMeter devices within range of Bluetooth and then transfers the received data to the OneMeter Cloud server. System limitations and details required to run the gateway are described in the Specifications.
Key features of the application:
- Analogous to the current OneMeter gateway mode available from the mobile application,
- transmit current readings from multiple OneMeter devices to the server,
- local storage of data in case of lack of Internet connection (and transferring it to the server when reconnected),
- continuous 24/7 operation.
Where to start?¶
Depending on your preferences, there are two possibilities to install the software.
- For those who want to avoid installation and configuration of the operating system to make the application work.
- The level of difficulty is comparable to the difficulty of burning a data image on a CD/DVD.
- For those who already have an active device and want to automatically receive software updates and have control over application settings.
- This requires basic system command line and Debian package management knowledge.
Automatic update will be possible in future versions of the image and installation package.
We suggest that you read the entire manual in order to learn about all of the possibilities of the gateway.
Most of the potential errors associated with the operation of the gateway can be resolved by restarting the system. Make sure that:
- You have an active internet connection
- Bluetooth is enabled